Call for Proposals: IEEE R10 HTA Committee Initiate Program Supporting Fund (2020)
R10 HTA committee invites SECTIONs to submit proposals to bid for Initiate Program Support Fund.
Scope of proposals
Proposals should be carried out and support impactful humanitarian technology and sustainable development activities at the local level. Proposals could be in the following scopes:
- HT Events funding enables IEEE members and organizational units (OUs) to accomplish one or more of the enlisted strategic priorities through conferences and events in R10.
- HT Conference Participation Program provides a limited number of partial scholarships to support IEEE member and local IEEE activity partner participation at conferences with the aim of accomplishing one or more of the listed strategic priorities.
- SIGHT Projects funding enables R10 IEEE SIGHT groups to:
- Incubate new humanitarian technology and sustainable development projects;
- Localize and replicate proven SIGHT projects;
- Put technological skills learned in the classroom or workplace into practice, gaining valuable hands-on experience;
- Partner with local government or NGOs to develop solutions for challenges faced by under-served communities.
- HT Projects funding enables IEEE members and organizational units (OUs) to accomplish one or more of the enlisted strategic priorities through projects in R10.
- COVID-19 Projects funding enables IEEE members to respond and contribute to the fight against COVID-19 or provides the idea/resources to better benefit IEEE members life and work during COVID-19 outbreak.
- Other Activities: Proposals are not restricted to above activities. New innovative proposals are also welcome and funding will be allocated. For example, professional and career development program, development/outreach program to rural areas, entrepreneurship development and Industry engagement etc.
- Call for Proposals Initiated: April 30, 2020
- Deadline for Proposals: May 30, 2020
- Selected Project Announced: June 30,2020
- Project Implementation Phase: January – December, 2020
- Amounts Reimbursed (as per progress): Final by November 30, 2020
Please submit your proposal here: https://forms.gle/Dt1W7mimcRKENCjs7