IEEE Region 10 Industry Relations
Prof. Chris Lee
2019-2020 R10 Industry Relations Committee Chair
R10 Industry Forum
Report on R10 Industry Forum at ISCAS 2019 on 27 May, in Sapporo
IEEE R10 Industry Relations Committee Student and Early Researcher Conference Fund (SERCF), deadline: August 15, 2020
IEEE R10 Industry Relations Committee (IRC) Student and Early Researcher Conference fund (SERCF) is willing to offer financial assistance to IEEE Student members and other members of age below 35 years to enrich their exposure and experience, which includes but is not limited to:
- Presenting at a conference
- Participating in full conference, Industry Track or Focused Sessions, Hackathons, and Internship organized by the conference
- Acquiring new knowledge that benefits the applicant’s academic/Research work
- Funding is available to all IEEE Members wishing to attend a conference or Industry Track or Focused Sessions. Student/YP shall be registered as a full time Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. student in engineering or a related field in a college or university when submitting the application.
- Students/IEEE Members are eligible to receive up to a maximum of $300
- Due to limited funds, not all requests that meet the established criteria will be approved. We process all applications on a first come, first-served basis until all program funds are expended.
- Funding payment will be transferred to respective IEEE sections after the conference has ended with an instruction to transfer to beneficiaries.
- This Funding is only applicable to who confirm to attend Industry Track/Hackathons/Innovation events of one of the following Conferences happening in IEEE Region
• HYDCON (Sep 11-12, Hyderabad, India) – Deadline July 15, 2020
• TENCON (Nov. 16-19, Osaka, Japan)
• HTC (Dec. 01-03, Kuching, Malaysia)
• Life Science Workshop-Tainan (Dec. TBD, Tainan, Taiwan)
OBLIGATIONS UPON APPROVAL OF FUNDING
- Funding disbursal are provided on an expense reimbursement basis. (Receipts must be submitted to respective sections before payment i s made).
- If receipts provided total is less than the original funding amount, then the funding amount will be changed accordingly.
- Funding transfers will only be issued after the conference has officially ended and beneficiary has attended the Industry Track/Hackathon of respective conference.
- Applicants who receive alternate funding from other IEEE Entities for the same travel and/or conference being applied for are not eligible for funding.
- Applicants who are receiving any wage or honorarium for their attendance at the conference are not eligible for funding.
- IRC will provide funding for Registration/Travel support to attend a conference.
- Same person cannot avail travel support for more than one conference.
- Should the above mentioned conference becomes virtual, the awarded fund may be used to compensate for the student’s registration, hackathon, or internship resulting from internship sessions organized.
Please send your request through this link – https://forms.gle/YRPAo77fJ23AhPV2A
Kindly email the SERCF Chair, Dr. Amit Kumar ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), with cc. to Ms. Ewell
Tan ( email@example.com ) for inquiries.
Dr Amit Kumar
Chair – Student and Early Researcher Conference Fund
IEEE R10 Industry Relations Committee